Facilities / Generator Engineer (Location: India - Mumbai or Bangalore)
Who we are:
Innovari is a technology platform company dedicated to serving the electric utility industry to provide a cleaner, more reliable and more efficiency energy future for all of mankind. Innovari has created a unique, and first of its kind, advanced platform that is allowing utilities to build the grid of the future in partnership with their customers and communities. In today’s world, electricity is a fundamental human need and drives the success of everything we do every day. Electric utilities have the daunting responsibility of operating the most complex machine man has ever built while enabling it evolve to include new distributed resources in partnership with their customers. Innovari is their partner in this effort.
The Innovari platform helps utility companies manage and deliver reliable, affordable energy in real time in a brand new way. The Interactive Energy Platform™ (IEP™) uses artificial intelligence, big-data analytics, proprietary optimization routines and deep knowledge of the utility business to optimize the entire energy value chain. Innovari’s platform, which adds much-needed intelligence to both the generation and consumption side of the grid, behaves like a virtual power plant and securely sits alongside other regulated utility company assets and business models.
Innovari is excited to be working utility partners in nine countries and on four continents around the world. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and has, multiple offices in the U.S. India, Latin America and Turkey.
What you'll do:
The Facilities / Generator Engineer provides technical design, equipment selection, and technical support for all matters relating to generator work, design, installing, retrofitting and maintaining reciprocating engine generator projects within Innovari’s DG programs. The Generator Engineer serves as a subject matter expert for Innovari and provides necessary support to the contracted Engineering firms and to other areas of the company. They are key to the development of operational strategy and achievement of operational objectives. The Generator Engineer helps facilitate the execution of day to day activities pertaining to generator projects as well as special projects by communicating and coordinating with other departments as needed and interfacing with the Field and Application Engineers. The Generator Engineer will also work to monitor federal, state, and local government regulations, legislations, and laws as they pertain to generator installations.
The Facilities / Generator Engineer is responsible for providing support to the Central Engineering team by providing analysis and interpretation of generation projects. The Generator Engineer works closely with Innovari Central Engineering, Reliability Solutions and Regulatory and Compliance staff, and contracted Engineering Firms to ensure all projects are compliant with federal, state and local law. The Generator Engineer will support and mentor Field Engineers and the Application Engineers.
- Review of power system facilities and equipment, and support installation of electrical power generating stations with power outputs of 500kW and up.
- Review of drawings, plan specifications and cost estimations for equipment, materials and labor needed for the construction and installation of projects.
- Performs inspection and Quality Assurance/Quality Control functions with regards to construction, design, operational standards, equipment maintenance and safety standards.
- Responsible for overseeing performance testing, contract compliance and operator training activities.
- Provide technical assistance with protective relay coordination and testing.
- Oversee projects and troubleshoot new and existing systems in the following areas; Distributed Control Systems; PLC systems; Ethernet and Fiber Optic networks; Instrumentation; Electrical loops including 4-20ma; Control Loop tuning; Modbus links; CANbus; Remote terminal units; and ladder logic and SAMA.
- Oversee factory acceptance testing and troubleshooting.
- Maintains work files: drawings, costs, calculations, materials used and other suitable information.
- Responsible for developing project planning from initiation to completion, incorporating past lessons learned, follow PMI principals and methodology and all the while applying industry standards.
- Coordinates work of sub-contractors and craft; maintains fiscal control and manages the project cash flow.
- Provide accurate input into the budget process and contribute to meeting the actual targets.
- Uses authority for independent actions and decision-making within company policy.
- Develops and executes contracts and enforces project and regulatory requirements involving the project. Ensure contractors timely submittal of the project reports and completes the project report.
- Review and ensure EPC contractor construction procedures stay within ASME code requirement and follow prudent utility practices.
- Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and regulations to include employment, safety and environmental standards and regulations.
What we look for:
- Minimum of a BA degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university, and a minimum of 5 years equivalent, verifiable professional experience
- Experience in distributed power system design and engineering
- Experience in the application of engine generators and switch gear, including one-line design
- Experience in equipment and system commissioning, testing and troubleshooting.
- Experience in synchronization of generators, both with the grid and with one another, using controllers such as Woodward, ComAp etc.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices, preparation of plan designs and specifications, and material and labor cost estimations.
- Ability to oversee the design, construction, installation and start up, operation and maintenance of electrical generation equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the following protective relays to include, but limited to SEL, GE Multilin, Beckwith, and Electromechanical.
- Knowledge of Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators, and controls necessary.
- Knowledge of transformer basics, sizing, testing and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to effectively manage several tasks at the same time, performs calculations, and operate various engineering software applications and devices including but not limited to MS Project, CAD and MS Office.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices, circuits, generators, power systems, motors, electronics, process control, design and specifications, and material.
- Working knowledge of NEC, NESC and OSHA standards.
- Knowledge of sizing and specifying breakers, motors (including motor protection), cable sizing and conduit design.
- Knowledge of complex calculations, engineering software applications and devices including but not limited to MS Project, CAD, Visio and MS Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all the basics of engineering, procurement and construction, and the characteristics of a highly motivated, self-starter.
- Will Require travel both with in the US and some internationally.