Network Operations Center (NOC) Operator
Who we are:
Innovari has built an advanced technology platform that helps utility companies manage and deliver reliable, affordable energy in real time. The company’s Interactive Energy Platform™ (IEP™) uses artificial intelligence, big-data analytics, proprietary optimization routines and deep knowledge of the utility business to deliver capacity and address demand variables. Innovari’s solution, which adds intelligence to both the generation and consumption side of the grid, behaves like a virtual power plant and securely sits alongside other regulated utility company assets and business models. With extensive machine-learning capabilities, the Interactive Energy platform adapts quickly to demand changes such as those brought about by weather, rapid urban growth and the inconsistencies of alternative energy generation.
Innovari is conducting utility projects on four continents and has 15 utility partners on its expanding list of customers. The company has signed contracts to provide hundreds of MW of electricity capacity to its utility partners, mostly in the form of demand reduction at large customer facilities. Today Innovari counts four of the top eight U.S. retailers as part of its demand management programs which are integral to the IEP system.
Innovari is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with additional U.S. offices in Wisconsin, Missouri and manufacturing centers in Austin, Texas and in Taipei, Taiwan.
What you'll do:
The Network Operations Center (NOC) has three primary functions:
- Ensure service availability, reliability and excellent performance across the Interactive Energy Platform™ (IEP) network worldwide,
- Respond to and resolve utility and end-user issues including questions and problems in a customer-friendly and sensitive manner, and
- Provide technology support services for the Innovari enterprise for both internal and external customers and teams. This includes support for Engineering, Operations, and Sales.
These three functions result in a highly diverse and sometimes demanding range of duties for the NOC
- The NOC Operator is responsible for responding to inbound calls by answering questions, resolving problems or escalating an issue to the appropriate party.
- The NOC Operator is also responsible for maintaining supporting documentation for company processes and knowledge management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional interactions are key as this role will require regular interactions with utility personnel and their customers.
- Preserving and enhancing the utility’s relationship with its customers is paramount to Innovari’s success.
- The NOC Operator also works very closely with multiple internal functions including Engineering, Operations and Sales teams.
- A thorough understanding of all internal systems and processes will be required.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task, triage and prioritize daily work appropriately.
- On call and varying shift schedules are required. On-call covers questions and problems that occur after normal shift hours, on weekends and for IEP assets in different time zones.
- A NOC Operator must also be eager and quick to learn, be a clear communicator and must be able to take the initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
What we look for:
- Experience working in Network Operations Center.
- Experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Able to be available and responsible for managing a 24x7 hour on call rotation (this will be pre-scheduled)
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Basic system administration skills.
- Works well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- High tolerance for ambiguity- ability to read ambiguous technical and procedural situations.
- Understanding of cloud technologies, which includes networked communication and distributed computing systems.
- Understanding of wireless Telco systems a plus.
- Understanding of Utility systems a plus.
- Proven Networking skills (configuration of routers and knowledge of OSI model).
- Familiarity with ticketing systems.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deliverables.
- Proven ability to use MS-Office products.
- Flexible – this is not typically a 9-5 job.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) beneficial.