Network Operations Center (NOC) Operator
Who we are:
Innovari is a technology platform company dedicated to serving the electric utility industry to provide a cleaner, more reliable and more efficiency energy future for all of mankind. Innovari has created a unique, and first of its kind, advanced platform that is allowing utilities to build the grid of the future in partnership with their customers and communities. In today’s world, electricity is a fundamental human need and drives the success of everything we do every day. Electric utilities have the daunting responsibility of operating the most complex machine man has ever built while enabling it evolve to include new distributed resources in partnership with their customers. Innovari is their partner in this effort.
The Innovari platform helps utility companies manage and deliver reliable, affordable energy in real time in a brand new way. The Interactive Energy Platform™ (IEP™) uses artificial intelligence, big-data analytics, proprietary optimization routines and deep knowledge of the utility business to optimize the entire energy value chain. Innovari’s platform, which adds much-needed intelligence to both the generation and consumption side of the grid, behaves like a virtual power plant and securely sits alongside other regulated utility company assets and business models.
Innovari is excited to be working utility partners in nine countries and on four continents around the world. The company is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and has, multiple offices in the U.S. India, Latin America and Turkey.
What you'll do:
The Network Operations Center (NOC) has three primary functions:
- Ensure service availability, reliability and excellent performance across the Interactive Energy Platform™ (IEP) network worldwide,
- Respond to and resolve utility and end-user issues including questions and problems in a customer-friendly and sensitive manner, and
- Provide technology support services for the Innovari enterprise for both internal and external customers and teams. This includes support for Engineering, Operations, and Sales.
These three functions result in a highly diverse and sometimes demanding range of duties for the NOC
- The NOC Operator is responsible for responding to inbound calls by answering questions, resolving problems or escalating an issue to the appropriate party.
- The NOC Operator is also responsible for maintaining supporting documentation for company processes and knowledge management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional interactions are key as this role will require regular interactions with utility personnel and their customers.
- Preserving and enhancing the utility’s relationship with its customers is paramount to Innovari’s success.
- The NOC Operator also works very closely with multiple internal functions including Engineering, Operations and Sales teams.
- A thorough understanding of all internal systems and processes will be required.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail are also key skills along with an ability to multi-task, triage and prioritize daily work appropriately.
- On call and varying shift schedules are required. On-call covers questions and problems that occur after normal shift hours, on weekends and for IEP assets in different time zones.
- A NOC Operator must also be eager and quick to learn, be a clear communicator and must be able to take the initiative to tackle a broad range of problems.
What we look for:
- Experience working in Network Operations Center.
- Experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Able to be available and responsible for managing a 24x7 hour on call rotation (this will be pre-scheduled)
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Basic system administration skills.
- Works well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- High tolerance for ambiguity- ability to read ambiguous technical and procedural situations.
- Understanding of cloud technologies, which includes networked communication and distributed computing systems.
- Understanding of wireless Telco systems a plus.
- Understanding of Utility systems a plus.
- Proven Networking skills (configuration of routers and knowledge of OSI model).
- Familiarity with ticketing systems.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deliverables.
- Proven ability to use MS-Office products.
- Flexible – this is not typically a 9-5 job.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) beneficial.